Table of Contents
- How do we get information?
- What personal information do we collect?
- How do we use the information?
- How do we share and disclose information?
- For how long we Retain your information?
- International Transfer of Personal Information
- Online Behavioral Advertising
- Security of your personal data
- How do you consent, update your preferences, or opt-out of marketing communications?
- How Can I Exercise My Rights?
- California and Delaware “Do Not Track” Disclosures
- For California or Nevada Residents
- Links to third party Websites
- Contact Us
Effective Date: July 01, 2020
- interact or use our Websites, including product order transactions, downloading materials product manuals and FAQs,
- ability to “opt-out” of providing personal information,
- register your products with us, and
- if you use any of our products, services or applications (collectively the “Services”) in any manner.
How do we get information?
Most of the personal information we process is provided directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have purchased a product directly from us
- You have purchased a product from one of our retailers and want to register your warranty
- You have contacted us for advice as you are interested in purchasing one of our products
- You have registered your product with SharkNinja mobile app
- You subscribe to our marketing and product communication, offers, competitions and/or product tips
- You want to be a product reviewer
- Third parties who have obtained your consent to share your data.
- You have applied for a job with us
What personal information do we collect?
Websites or Services:
By “personal information”, we mean any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We collect personal data about you in a number of different ways. In this section, we explain the different ways we collect personal data about you and the ways in which that information will be used.
- If you place an order with us, we will collect your name, address, telephone number, email address and payment information.
- If you simply subscribe to our marketing product communication, offers, competitions and/or product tips without purchasing a product, we will only collect your email address.
- If you call our customer service contact centre, your call may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
- If you want to assist us by providing invaluable feedback on new and innovative products by participating in our Consumer Insights or Product Review programmes, we will collect your name and contact information. As part of these activities, we may also collect personal information that includes your gender, age range, geographical location, size of your household, whether you have pets or children and use social media. Whilst this information on its own may not directly identify you, it could do when pieced together.
- If you are applying for a job with us, you are likely to send us your cv or resume which will contain personal information and will be shared with the hiring manager and other relevant colleagues. As you progress through the recruitment process, we may collect further information to support your suitability for the role including interview notes and assessments. If we make you a conditional offer, then we will also need to collect proof of your identity, right to work, qualifications achieved, criminal record declaration and references.
- We only collect information from third parties who have obtained your consent to share your data. This will include aggregated demographic data that provide insights into the relative affluence of households, from third party data providers who help us to give you a more relevant experience by enabling us to provide offers, and to give you more relevant services and advice.
- If you visit our office, you will be recorded on Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) which is in operation for security and crime prevention/detection purposes. You will also be asked to sign a visitor’s book for Security and Health & Safety purposes.
Registered products and apps:
Some of our products are equipped with smart technology, are Internet-enabled, or may be operated through a SharkNinja mobile app, each of which may allow the product to transmit data wirelessly to SharkNinja.
- We may collect function and use statistics, such as battery life and health, number of missions, the device identifier, Internet protocol (IP), and cleaning map of the environment accessible to certain models of the connected products.
- When you register your product with a SharkNinja mobile app, the app may collect and maintain information about the product and app usage, feature usage, in-app transactions, technical specifications, crashes, and other information about how you use your smart product and/or the app.
- Our smart products do not transmit this information unless you register your device online, consent to the use of such information and connect to WiFi or connect to the Internet via another method. It is possible to use our smart products without WiFi transmission simply by disconnecting your WiFi from the device or by never connecting it at all.
If the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, please let us know. For further information regarding the personal information we collect, please email email@example.com
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by a user – asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by us and called first party cookies. We also use third party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting – for our advertising and marketing efforts.
These findings help us understand our customer's needs so that we may improve your browsing/shopping experience at the Websites. Including other uses not listed below, generally we may use "cookies" to:
- Assisting you in navigation and estimate the number of users of the Websites;
- Assisting in registering your product, login, and your ability to provide feedback;
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts. (including behavioral advertising)
- Track aggregate traffic patterns: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
- Assist in the personalization and general improvement of your experience at the Websites.
Cookies fall into two general categories: first party cookies (which we set) and third-party cookies (which are set by third parties). We classify cookies in the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information.
How to disable or delete cookies
If you want to prevent your browser from accepting cookies, if you want to be informed whenever a cookie is stored on your computer or if you want to delete cookies from your computer, please make the necessary changes in your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help” or “Internet Options”. See links below:
- Internet Explorer: //windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-9
- FireFox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Safari: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/cookies/
If you disable or delete cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access important functions or features, you will be required to re-enter your log-in details and your use of the website may be limited.
Please note that if you clear all cookies on your browser, or use a different browser or computer, you will need to complete the opt-out procedure again.
More information about managing cookies
www.allaboutcookies.org is a useful resource with a lot of detailed information about cookies and how to manage them.
Please note that we do not currently respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
How do we use the information?
We will use your personal data in accordance with the applicable law. We will use your personal information:
To perform a contract when you purchase goods from us. This includes;
- Creating a Customer Order Record
- Facilitating Financial Fraud checks
- Arranging for delivery or collection of your goods
- Registering and honouring your Warranty
- Facilitation of a Payment Plan
- Notifying you of a Product Recall
Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a service provider). This includes;
- Monitoring performance of our website
- Analysing behaviour patterns of visitors to our website
- Facilitation of recovering bad debt
- As part of our effort to keep our website secure
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to the website and services, and other illegal activities
- Inviting you to provide feedback, take a survey or write a product review following a purchase of goods
- Reviewing social media sites to see what our consumers are saying about us
- Arranging for delivery of promotional goods on behalf of a retailer or distributor
Where our products and apps may collect information. This includes;
- Collect and analyze statistics and usage data, perform aggregate data analyses
- Diagnose and fix technology problems, enhance device performance, improve user experience
- Develop new products
- Provide maintenance notices to customers
- Provide personalized communications, including marketing and promotional messages, such as emails providing product order information when your device indicates a battery is low or may need replacement, for example.
Where you provide consent. This includes;
- Subscription to our marketing and product communications, offers, competitions and/or product tips
- Participation in a Consumer Insights or Product Review and Survey programmes including focus groups, in-home testing and in-home research
Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. This includes;
- Recording details of your requests regarding your personal information received
- Ensuring the personal information we hold about you is up to date and accurate
- Adherence to legislation regarding consumer rights and employment law
- Requests to disclose information to law enforcement or regulatory bodies
For further information regarding the personal information we collect and our legal reasons for doing so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we share and disclose information?
We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone. We may share and disclose information (including Personal Information) as outlined below:
- When it is necessary within the SharkNinja Group for operational reasons such as the use of a group-wide manufacturing, logistic or IT infrastructure.
- We share your personal information with our carefully selected service providers who facilitate services to you on our behalf to fulfil our contractual obligations. We have contracts in place with these providers that stipulate they cannot do anything with your personal information without instruction from us and fulfil their service via secure methods.
Our service providers include:
- Logistics and Transport providers who deliver and collect products to and from your delivery/home address
- Customer Call Centre who provide support to our consumers regarding our products and services
- Payment Service Providers
- IT Service Providers who host and manage our systems, applications and data storage
- Digital Marketing providers who invite you to share a review of our products or services after a purchase
- Debt collection agency should you breach the terms of your payment agreement
- We share data with Google Analytics to provide insights on how we can improve the performance of our website and your consumer experience as described in the Cookie Notice.
- We will share your personal information if required to do so by law enforcement authorities or regulatory bodies that have asserted a lawful right to access such information, to our legal counsel, or as necessary to protect our property, interests and rights.
- In the event of a sale of all or substantially all of our business or another similar transaction (such as a sale of a division or business unit), we may transfer or disclose your personal information to a purchaser or prospective purchaser, who may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes of evaluating and/or effecting a proposed transaction or operating and managing the affairs of the acquired business, or for other purposes identified in the Policy.
For further information regarding how we share your personal information, please email email@example.com
For how long we Retain your information?
We will only keep personal data for as long as is necessary and as required by law;
- For the duration that you have an account with us
- Until you update your preferences or opt-out to receiving marketing communications (eNewsletters, competitions and/or product tips) for which you previously provided consent
- For the time where you have purchased a product from us to facilitate your warranty and our obligations
- Until the time limit for any legal challenges to the supply of the goods or personal injury claim have expired
International Transfer of Personal Information
SharkNinja is a global company. Our corporate office is in the United States and we have a number of offices located around the world. The personal information that we collect here in the United States may be stored, processed and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate due to our global systems, processes and procedures.
Personal information that you provide may be transferred to countries outside of the United States, including Canada, Japan, the European Economic Area (EEA) and the UK. The United States and the countries we and our third party operate in, federal or state or provincial or local governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your personal information under the federal or state or local laws of the country.
Online Behavioral Advertising
We may have relationships with carefully selected and monitored partners, including ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) who may serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated sites and may set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes. They may also collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. Such third parties may, with sufficient data from other sources, be able to personally identify you, unknown to us. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your visits to the Websites and elsewhere over time. This site currently utilizes cookies to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on the Websites. This allows us to provide targeted advertising, control the number of times a user sees a given ad, and facilitate campaign performance reporting.
Security of your personal data
We always do our best to keep your personal information safe. To achieve this, we take every reasonable technical and organizational step to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access or alteration of your personal information.
We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
The information you submit via our website is encrypted and we store all electronic personal information on servers to the latest security standards.
Whilst we can take every precaution to protect your personal information, it is important that you keep your passwords, account details and other user information secure and confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will NEVER contact you and ask you to provide us with your password. Nor will we require it if you contact our customer services team by telephone, email or live chat. If someone asks you for this do NOT give them your password and please let us know this has happened.
Google offers an opt-out mechanism for the web available here.
How do you consent, update your preferences, or opt-out of marketing communications?
You can set your preferences for receiving marketing communications.
To provide consent and ‘opt-in’ to receive marketing communications:
- You can ask us to keep you updated with new products and offers by entering your email address on our homepage, under ‘Sign me up’
- When you purchase a product from us
- When you register your warranty
- When you join our Product Reviewer programme
To update your preferences or ‘opt-out’ from receiving marketing communications;
- Contact our customer services via email or phone stating what communications you would like to receive or that you no longer want to receive any communications from us
- Click ‘Manage Preferences’ or ‘Unsubscribe’ on the marketing communication email that you received
Please Note: It may take up to ten (10) business days to process your request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from us or our sister companies.
For further information regarding consent and managing marketing preferences or you would like to ‘opt-out’, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How Can I Exercise My Rights?
We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone. You have the right to access, update and amend personal data that we hold about you; you can do that in relation to some of your personal data in your account. In certain circumstances, you can also ask us to correct, remove, or delete personal information about you; or ask us to provide make your data available to you.
These rights do not always apply, and certain exception apply. We will confirm your identity before we act upon your request.
If you have previously given consent to be contacted by us and no longer wish to be, please email us at the address above requesting that we remove you from our list of consumers who receive correspondence from the Websites or SharkNinja. Even if you opt-out of sharing your mailing address and general shopping activity, we may still communicate with you using the contact information we have on file regarding your use of the Websites, the status of your orders or your account, or for similar transactional or administrative reasons.
To Submit a consumer request, Please click here
If you have questions or comments, please email us at email@example.com.
California and Delaware “Do Not Track” Disclosures
For California or Nevada Residents
Where the processing of your information is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 you may also have the following rights:
- California Non-Discrimination: You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA
- Nevada: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. We do not sell your personal information.
Our products and our websites are not designed for children. If we become aware that we have collected personal information (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children, we take every reasonable effort to delete or anonymize such data.
If we do unintentionally collect children’s personal information, we will delete it as soon as we become aware.
Links to third party Websites
For the purpose of this Policy, SharkNinja Operating LLC, is the data controller of the information you provide to us.
There are many ways you can contact us, including by phone, email, and post.
Our postal address: 89 A St., Needham, MA 02494
Our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org