Product support & information
Shark® APEX® Upright Vacuum with Powered Lift-Away®, DuoClean® & Self-Cleaning Brushroll
AZ1000W, AZ1000, AZ1002, AZ1002BRN, AZ1002C
- For bare floors and accessories: Press the power button on the vacuum pod to turn on suction, then slide the surface selector to Hard Floor. Tilt the handle back while you gently step on the floor nozzle. Note that the brushrolls will spin slowly in this mode.
- For low-pile carpets: Press the power button on the vacuum to turn on the suction. Slide the surface selector to Carpet/Low Pile. While the power is on, tilt the handle back while you gently step on the floor nozzle. The brushrolls will begin spinning.
- For thick carpets and area rugs: Press the power button on the vacuum to turn on the suction. Slide the surface selector to Thick Carpet/Area Rug. While the power is on, tilt the handle back while you gently step on the floor nozzle. The brushrolls will begin spinning.
- From upright vacuum mode, first remove the cord from the cord clip, then press the release button on the bottom of the pod.
- Gently step on the floor nozzle and lift off the pod. Remove the wand from the nozzle, or the handle from the top of the wand.
To remove the handle:
- Press the handle release latch and pull up on the handle to detach it. Add an accessory to the handle.
To remove the wand:
- Press the Wand Release button and lift out the wand by the handle. Add a cleaning tool to the end of the wand.
- Insert the wand into the floor nozzle.
- Insert the handle into the wand.
- Place the pod onto the wand and slide down to connect.
- Connect the hose into the back of the pod, until it clicks into place.
For proper operation, ensure all parts are firmly clicked into place.
- First release the power cord by turning the top cord hook.
- Then press the Lift-Away® button on the top of the pod and lift the pod off the floor nozzle.
- Use the surface selector on the handle to choose the appropriate floor setting.
To clean above floors in Lift-Away® mode with the handle or handle with wand:
- First detach the pod.
- Press the handle release latch to detach the handle from the top of the wand.
- For more reach, detach the wand from the pod, with the handle attached.
- Press the Wand Release button and lift up the handle to remove the wand.
- Attach a cleaning accessory, and select the Hard Floor setting.