Product support & information
Shark Navigator® Speed Upright Vacuum with Lift-Away® & Self-Cleaning Brushroll
ZU562, ZU560, ZU560C, ZU561
If some fibers or string remain wrapped around the brushroll after continued use:
- Make sure the unit is unplugged.
- Detach the pod from the floor nozzle by pressing Lift-Away® button on the side of the pod. Lift off the pod and set it aside.
- Place the nozzle on the floor with the brushroll facing up.
- Remove hair and other debris from the brushroll and airway.
- Use scissors to carefully cut away anything wrapped around the brushroll. Avoid damaging or cutting the bristles.
- Slide up the release latches on both sides of the dust cup handle. Lift the dust cup up and away from the pod.
- Hold the dust cup over the trash and press the bottom door release button on the front.
- Tap gently to empty contents.
- Close the dust cup door, pressing it until it clicks into place.
- If needed, turn the dust cup upside down over the trash and press the top door release button.
- Tap gently to remove contents. Clear debris from the cone-shaped screen.
- Wipe the interior of the dust cup clean.
- To reinstall, place bottom of dust cup into the pod and then tilt until it clicks into place.
Pre-motor foam and felt filters:
- Rinse the pre-motor filters every 3 months.
- Remove the dust cup, then take out the filters.
- Rinse with water only, and allow the filters to air-dry completely before reinstalling.
- Return the filters to their housing, reinstalling the felt filter first, followed by the foam filter.
- Reattach the dust cup.
Post-motor HEPA filter:
- Rinse the HEPA filter every 12 months, or as needed.
- Press the tab on top of the filter cover and lift off the cover, then remove the HEPA filter.
- Rinse the filter with water only, then allow it to air-dry completely before reinstalling.
- When the filter is completely dry, reinstall it and reattach the cover.