Product support & information
GI505, GI305, GI405, GI435, GI468, GI568
- The iron should be plugged into a polarized electric outlet only.
- Make sure the plug is securely in the socket.
- The temperature setting might be too low.
- Try turning the iron to a higher setting.
- The auto-off feature may be activated.
- The water tank may be empty or water level may be very low. Add water.
- The steam control may be set to "off."
- Make sure the fabric/temperature selector setting and the variable steam control dial are correctly set. For maximum steam, set the steam control dial to "high" and the temperature to "linen/cotton."
- The soleplate may not be hot enough. Always allow the iron to reach the selected temperature with the variable steam dial set to "off." For more steam, turn the fabric/temperature selector to “linen/cotton” and the variable steam control dial to "high."
- If the temperature setting and steam control settings are correct and there is no steam, gently move the iron left or right a couple times. Move the variable steam control dial from "off" to "high" a few times.
- The variable steam control dial may be set to the "self clean" position. Move the dial from "off" to "high" on the steam setting.
- The iron may not be hot enough. Set the fabric/temperature selector to "linen/cotton." Always allow the iron sufficient time to heat up before activating the variable steam control dial.
- The steam burst button may have been overused. Allow more time between each burst.