Product support & information
Shark ION™ Robot Vacuum R87 with Wi-Fi
Shark ION™ Robot Vacuum R85 with Wi-Fi
RV871, RV850, RV850BRN, RV850C, RV871C
Clean as needed. Replace every 6-12 months or when visibly worn. sharkaccessories.com
- Push up on the tabs on the brushroll access door, then lift off the door. Remove the brushroll.
- Remove the cap on the end of the brushroll. Clean off any hair or debris buildup, then reattach the cap.
- To reinstall, insert the flat end first, then the protruding end, then click the brushroll securely into place.
- Close the brushroll access door and press down until it clicks into place.
- Press the dust bin removal button and slide out the dust bin from the robot.
- Open the dust bin and empty debris into the trash.
- To wash the dust bin, remove the filter from the top of the robot. Rinse the dust bin with water only and allow it to air dry completely before reinstalling.
- Reinsert dust bin into the robot.
Clean weekly. Replace every 6 months. sharkaccessories.com
- Remove the dust bin from the robot and clear any accumulated hair or debris.
- Use the tabs on the filter to pull it out of the dust bin.
- Tap the filters clean over a trash bin, or use a soft brush to remove dust trapped between the pleats.
- Reinsert the filter into the dust bin. Close the dust bin and slide it back into the robot.
Robot: Gently dust off cliff sensors and charging pads with a clean, dry cloth.
NOTE: there may be additional sensors on your robot. Please refer to the videos for your particular model.
Clean as needed. Replace when visibly worn. sharkaccessories.com
- Carefully unwind and remove string and hair from side brushes. Check and clean the underneath of the side brushes as well.
- Gently wipe the side brushes with a clean, dry cloth. Replace them on the robot by aligning the hole in the center of the brush over the post on the bottom of the unit. Press the side brush down over the post until it clicks into place.
If the green light is on but the robot still is not charging, verify that the power switch on the side of the robot is set to position I, On.
The robot must be positioned so the two metal pads on the bottom touch the metal charging contacts on the dock.
Note: the indicator light on the side of the dock will turn from green to blue once the robot is properly charging. It may take up to 5 seconds after contact is made with the dock for the light to change, so if you are adjusting the position of the robot on the dock, wait 5 seconds between adjustments.
The three lights above the Clean button indicate your robot's level of charge.
- 3 blinking blue bars: Your robot is charging. Allow your robot to charge for at least three hours between cleaning missions.
- 3 solid blue bars: your robot is fully charged and ready to clean.
- 2 solid blue bars: your robot is mostly charged and ready to clean.
- 1 solid blue bar: your robot's battery is getting low and needs recharging.
- 1 flashing red bar: your robot's battery has run out of charge and/or is critically low. Manually place your robot on the charging dock. The robot must be positioned so the two metal pads on the bottom touch the metal charging contacts on the dock.
- All battery indicator lights are off:
- Your robot's battery may be out of charge. Manually place your robot on the charging dock. Follow the steps listed above.
- Confirm that the power switch is on. Press the power switch on the side of the robot to position I to turn on power.
- If the power switch is on and there are still no battery indicator lights, your robot may be in Sleep mode. Press the Dock or Clean button to take the robot out of Sleep mode.
If you are still experiencing issues, try replacing the battery. sharkaccessories.com
You should regularly maintain your robot in order to keep it operating at peak performance.
Clean as needed.
To clean the Front Caster Wheel, first remove it from its housing. (Tools may be required to remove the wheel.) Remove any debris buildup. Reattach the wheel before use.
- Dead battery: the battery needs recharging.
- Debris/clog in the brushroll: please follow the care instructions below.
- High-pile carpet fibers stuck in the brushroll: please follow the care instructions below.
- Stuck on floor transition/threshold: the robot may have difficultly passing over thresholds taller than 3/4" or less, depending on its angle of approach. Manually move robot from threshold before restarting.
Please clear any debris from your robot before restarting. To clear any clogs, first empty the dust bin, and clear all stuck-on debris. Then remove the brushroll and clear any hair or debris stuck around the brushroll or behind it.