Product support & information
Shark ION™ Robot Vacuum R87 with Wi-Fi
Shark ION™ Robot Vacuum R85 with Wi-Fi
RV871, RV850, RV850BRN, RV850C, RV871C
To manually send your robot back to its base, select "Dock" in the app or press the Dock button on the robot.
When your robot is charging, the battery indicator lights (the 3 bars above the Clean button) will blink blue in a 1-2-3 sequence.
- Press the power switch on the side of the robot to position I to turn on the power.
- Place the robot on the floor in front of the charging dock and press the Dock button. The robot will dock itself and begin charging. Allow it to charge fully (approximately 4-6 hours) before pressing Clean again.
- The robot must be positioned so the two metal pads on the bottom of the robot touch the metal contacts on the charging dock.
- The Clean button should be aligned with the center of the dock. When the robot is docked correctly and begins to charge, it will beep and the base indicator light will change from green to blue.
- If you do not hear a beep or the base indicator lights do not change, verify that the dock has power. The power indicator light on the side of the dock will be green if it is receiving power and will turn blue once it is successfully charging your robot. If you do not see a green light, try plugging the dock into a different outlet.
- Note: It may take up to 5 seconds after contact is made with the dock for the battery indicator lights to display the charging sequence, so if you are adjusting the position of the robot on the dock, wait 5 seconds between adjustments.
Use BotBoundary® strips to easily block off obstacles or areas you don't want your robot to enter. You may purchase additional BotBoundary® strips here.
SETUP TIPS & TRICKS