Product support & information
Shark® APEX® UpLight™ Vacuum with Lift-Away®, DuoClean® & Self-Cleaning Brushroll
LZ601, LZ600, LZ602, LZ602C, QU601QBK, QU601QBL, QU601QPR
For stability, keep the vacuum in the upright standing mode while removing the dust cup. To remove the dust cup from the Lift-Away® pod, slide up both Dust Cup Release latches on the back of the handle at the same time and then pull out the dust cup.
- Hold the dust cup over the trash and press the bottom button on the front of the dust cup. The bottom door will open, allowing the debris to fall out.
- Tap gently to empty contents.
- Close the bottom door, pressing it until it clicks into place.
- To remove collected debris from the mesh screen inside the dust cup, press the top release button and lift the handle to open.
- To reinstall, place bottom of dust cup into pod and then tilt it back until it clicks into place.
Rinse the pre-motor foam and felt filters once a month, or as needed.
- Remove the dust cup from the pod by lifting the release latches on the back of the handle.
- Remove the foam filter and the filter frame. The felt filter is built into the frame. Pull the foam filter off the frame.
- Rinse the foam filter and the filter frame with cold water only. Be sure to wash the frame thoroughly.
- Allow filters to air-dry completely (at least 24 hours) before reinstalling.
- Once dry, install the foam filter onto the felt filter frame.
- Reattach the dust cup.
Rinse the post-motor HEPA filter once a year, or as needed.
- Press the HEPA button on the bottom front of the dust cup to remove the filter cover.
- Push the middle tab to remove the HEPA filter.
- Rinse with cold water only.
- Allow filter to air-dry completely (at least 24 hours) before reinstalling.
- Once dry, reinstall the filter.
- Reattach the filter cover until both sides click into place.
Note: Do not place filters in the dishwasher or washing machine.
Note: The self-cleaning brushroll is non-removable.
To access the soft brushroll:
- Slide up the Eject Roller button on the floor nozzle and the soft brushroll will pop out.
- Remove any debris buildup from behind the roller housing.
- Wipe any debris from the soft brushroll.
- If needed, wash the soft brushroll using water only. Air-dry completely for at least 24 hours.
- Once dry, reinstall by inserting the left end into the roller housing first, then pressing both sides down until it clicks into place.
Note: Do not put the soft brushroll in the dishwasher or washing machine. Do not vacuum wet messes.